Policies & FAQs
Each reservation made directly with Clarendon Square includes non-refundable reservation fee of $45. A 14-day notice of cancellation is required, or you will be charged 50% of the reservation total with a minimum charge of one night. A 48-hour (10 AM EST) notice of cancellation is required, or you will be charged 100% of the reservation total. We do not offer changes to reservation dates within 2 weeks of arrival.
All cancellations for direct bookings must be made in writing via email to the Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast. Reservations made through our booking partners must be cancelled directly with them. Your reservation is not cancelled until you receive a cancellation number from our office or from our booking partner. To ensure fairness, we consistently apply our cancellation policy (based on date of cancellation) not on situation, and therefore we do not take liability for weather, health or family concerns. Please purchase trip insurance if these or other factors could affect your travel plans; it is worth the small cost.
Minimum Stay Policy:
We try our best to accommodate every reservation while maintaining the boutique quality of our inn. In order to offer a personal guest experience, we give first priority to guests booking longer stays. For this reason, there may be minimum stay requirements for the dates you request. These vary according to season and demand. Feel free to check our booking calendar often for updates or add your name to our wait list for last-minute cancellations or exceptions to the policy. We often offer discounts for stays 5 nights or more.
General Hotel Policies:
- Rates vary for holidays, special events, and length of stay.
- Rates are based on double occupancy. There are a maximum of three guests permitted per room, excluding the interior queen which accommodates only two guests.
- All of our rooms have one queen sized bed. Please give us advance notice of an additional guest. We have limited availability for families with children under 13, prior approval is required.
- Additional, 3rd person supplement $65-$125 per night includes additional bed with fine linens, breakfast, and all hotel amenities.
- While a manager can always be reached by phone, our front desk is not staffed 24 hours.
- Local health codes require we offer only a continental breakfast & that our Kitchen not be available for guest use.
- We are a non-smoking property. For guest safety, smoking, candles or any open flame are not permitted in guest rooms or common areas. Minimum charge of $300 cleaning fee plus damages per occurrence.
- Due to the architecture of our historic building, we are not handicapped accessible, and we do not have an elevator.
- Hosted CHECK-IN time is 3-6 PM. Guests are welcome to arrive earlier to leave bags and begin their visit.
- Evening arrivals are carefree! Please email or phone us if you require an EVENING CHECK-IN, after 6 PM. For complete flexibility, we will send you instructions with an access code for the entry door.
- We do not offer red wine at CS. Any damage to the property, including that caused by food or red wine, guest accepts responsibility for cleaning charges or full replacement costs of the damaged item. If damage renders the guest room unfit for occupancy, guest will be charged for each day of lost revenue until repair is completed.
- Roof deck and hot tub are open year round but access is not guaranteed. For guest safety, we are required to close the roof for extreme weather and for winds over 20 mph. The hot tub must be covered and re-secured with wind tie-down straps after each use. By opening hot tub, guest accepts liability for any damage caused to the cover, or to vehicles on street from cover blowing off the roof when not secured properly.
- CHECK OUT time is 11 AM. Later check out if available with additional charges: Noon: $25, 1:00pm: $45, 3:00pm: $75.
- Lost or non-returned key fee is $50
- Parking at Clarendon Square is $30 per night, and is limited to 2 cars on a 1st come 1st serve basis. We can accommodate medium and smaller vehicles of 195″ or less. Please ask us for directions for parking on site or offsite.
- No pets allowed.
The Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast is a lovely boutique hotel conveniently located near Fenway Park, the Boston Convention Center, and other attractions. In the hopes of helping guests plan the ideal getaway, we have listed FAQ for those interested in Boston travel.
How close is Fenway Park to the bed and breakfast?
Fenway Park is within walking distance, under 20 minutes on foot. You can walk 8 minutes up Dartmouth Street and take the Green T line out to Kenmore Square.
How close is Newbury Street?
Newbury Street is an 8-minute walk (about 5 blocks).
Where are you in relation to the new Boston Convention Center?
The new Boston Convention Exhibition Center is located in South Boston, just a couple miles from the Inn and an 8-minute uber ride. Most events have shuttle buses that depart from the Marriott Hotel just a few streets away from the Inn. The Hynes Convention Center is only about a 5-minute walk from our property.
What is the closest “T” stop to the Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast?
The closest T stop is the Back Bay Station on Dartmouth Street, offering access to the Orange line and Amtrak. It is a 5-minute walk away. The Prudential Center stop on the Green line is almost as close.
Should we rent a car for our visit?
Most of our guests enjoy the city by foot or take the subway or metro for further destinations. We have several rental options nearby should you require a car during your stay. Please see the list below at the bottom of this page.
Do the fireplaces work?
All the fireplaces in the Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast are fully restored wood-burning fireplaces; putting guest safety first, we do not allow open flames of any kind on the property.
Do you have any rooms with two beds?
All of our rooms feature one queen-size bed and are designed for a party of two. We can provide a second portable bed with fine linens for the same party or for a third adult or a child with prior notice.
Do you have Internet access?
We offer complimentary stealth Wi-Fi throughout the property.
Do you have any rooms for 4 people?
We can accommodate at most three guests in one room.
Do you have hair dryers?
We provide hair dryers for your convenience.
Do you have an elevator?
Our historic building was designed as a single-family row house in the 1860s with no elevator. We are more than happy to carry luggage to your room for you. Please let us know if stairs are a problem for you when making your reservation so we can best meet your needs.
Do you have parking?
Parking is available by reservation in one of our two parking spaces at our property for $30/night. We can accommodate most cars and standard SUVs. Please request a space when making your reservation and we will confirm availability. If you prefer, garage parking is available three blocks away at a rate of $30 – $38 for 24 hrs.
Do you have minimum stay requirements?
In order to provide an intimate guest experience, we first offer our rooms to those requiring longer stays. We wish we could accommodate all those who wish to stay, but one of the charms of our inn is its small size.
Do you allow children?
A limited number of children are welcome, provided their parents are well behaved. Please contact us before booking to check availability.
Do you allow pets?
We do love pets, but we are unable to accommodate them at the Inn. We recommend the Urban Hound Hotel, which is just a few blocks from our property.
Do you offer/accept gift certificates?
We do offer gift certificates for stays at Clarendon Square. You may purchase here.
May I book a specific room?
We are happy to take requests and do our best to accommodate everyone’s wishes, but we can not guarantee a specific room other than the Clarendon Suite.
Arrivals/Departures: What time is check-in? May I check-in early?
Check-in time is 3-6PM. We are typically happy to accommodate early arrivals. If needed, we will store your bags and let you get started with your day.
What time is check-out? Can I store my luggage if I have a later flight?
Check-out time is 11AM. If you have a later flight, you are welcome to leave your bags and return at your convenience later in the day.
Cancellations: What is your cancellation policy?
For bookings made directly with Clarendon Square a non-refundable reservation fee of $45 is applied to your credit card for each room reserved. A 14-day notice of cancellation is required or you will be charged 50% of the reservation total – minimum charge, one night. A 48-hour, 10 AM EST, notice of cancellation is required, or you will be charged 100% of the reservation total regardless of reason. We do not offer changes to reservation dates within 2 weeks of arrival. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to the Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast. Your reservation is not cancelled until you receive a cancellation number from our office. We can not take responsibility for issues related to weather, health or family matters. Travel insurance is often worth the small cost and is available during the reservation process.
Can we depart earlier than expected if something comes up?
You are welcome to leave early; however, early departures are considered cancellations of nights reserved and are non-refundable. We do not accept changes to reservation dates within 2 weeks of arrival. We highly recommend travel insurance to protect against last-minute emergencies.
Who do you recommend for travel insurance?
You may purchase trip insurance at competitive rates when making your reservation or use the site Insure My Trip (www.insuremytrip.com) to get quotes from many insurance providers. Either way, you will have coverage for delays or cancellations due to weather, peril, job loss, and medical crisis. The policies have additional benefits for medical care during travel, including medical evacuation.
How do we get Red Sox tickets?
Many guests at the Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast want to see a Red Sox game during their visit. With many winning seasons in a row, there is a high demand for these tickets. Find out more about the game schedule, ticket availability, and Fenway Park at Redsox.com.
To locate sold-out tickets, we suggest trying:
Finally, we highly suggest a tour of Fenway Park. The stadium tour is a wonderful way to get up close and personal with Fenway Park.
Are there any car rental agencies near the Clarendon Square Bed and Breakfast?
Most car rental companies have downtown pick-up locations, as well as at the airport. Listed below are several locations (within walking distance from the inn) where you may pick up the rental.
- Avis: Government Center (617) 534-1400
- Dollar: Marriott Hotel (617) 578-0025
- Budget: Park Plaza (617) 497-3669
- Hertz: Park Plaza (617) 338-1500 or Westin Hotel (617) 338-1506
- National: Downtown Boston (617) 557-7179
- Thrifty: Downtown Boston (617) 330-5011